Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Amazing Agate

What up crystals! so this post is gonna be about this week's "featured rock" which is Agate! I love how it looks when its polished but its even more awesome when its just rough and hasn't been polished or cut or anything.

This is one of my favorite agates that I have. My grandparents got it for me as a Christmas present last year and I was so excited! (I know, who gets excited about rocks for Christmas? Answer: Me) but I got these and a few smaller polished ones and I was so excited!

These are called fire agates because of their fiery red color and the pattern of the stripes on them. I got these along with the bigger agates above.

this is another way that you see agates, and its a lot more common than the other two. Personally, it is my least favorite of the three.
What do you think? comment below which one you like best!

Another random one that I love is called snakeskin agate because of the color and pattern on the outside.

Sneak peek into next week: they look like a rock and are one, but didn't used to be. They now dwell on land but used to live in the sea.

 
~~~Rockhound out!~~~

2 comments:

  1. The colors on some of these rocks are amazing!! It's so cool how passionate you are about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo of the inside of the agate. It's really cool to see all the different layers.

    ReplyDelete